When I finished my degree of Primary teacher, I was thinking about my future. I tried to find a job in Spain but it's very difficult now. Schools are looking for people with experience but I think: How they request us experience if we haven't got a possibility to work without experience? I can't understand them, but this is Spain!
Why be an au pair?
My teacher gave an advice: If you want to improve your English, you cannot stay here! You have to live with people who speak this language, go to UK or USA, meet people, meet the country, their culture and you'll learn the best English that you had never thought. Yo haven't got any reason to be here like a girlfriend or someone alone who need you, you are free.
I was thinking about this a lot and I started to look for a job and I thought that the best job for me is to work like au pair. Why? I can tell you some reasons:
- You'll live with a host family and you'll need to speak in English if you want to meet people. They can help you to improve with the language and I think that they can give you some advices.
- You'll live in a different country and you can meet their culture and understand who they are.
- You can meet other au pairs living near you house and it is the possibility to travel around the country. You can share experiences with them too!
- You'll be in a real situation all day and you can improve your English in all areas; listening, writing and speaking; your pronuntiation can improve a lot.
- I love children and I love education.
There are a lot of reasons to be an au pair and this is my situation; I need to improve my English because I want to be the best English teacher for my students in Spain. I would like to meet people living near my host family and travel around the country.